Wednesday, December 15, 2021

A message to those that want to mandate vaccines..

The unvaxx'd repeatedly get accused of being selfish, so let's get selfish for a moment. When it comes to me and my health this vaccine simply doesn't meet my personal standards. It's simply not good enough for me, and I don't deem the balance of risk/benefit to be in my favour.

More to the point though, accepting this vaccine means accepting the premise that I can be forced or coerced into having any medical treatment the state deems 'satisfactory'; and I most certainly don't accept that. Again, it's not good enough for me. Perhaps it's good enough for you, perhaps you're happy with that, but not me.

Of course, people will state that government rules always set the bar for what's a safe standard, and that we all live by these rules already. However, those rules only set a lowest standard - they make sure the food sold in shops doesn't literally poison us, that there's no fraud, misrepresentation or malpractice. They stop medicines and foods from being sold and administered, but they don't force us to consume those things.

We are still free to say: "No, this isn't good enough for me. I'll choose something else; and if there's nothing else I deem good enough I'll choose nothing at all."

Again, the state sets a lowest standard, and it can only ever set a lowest standard. As if it attempted to set the highest it would have to ban literally everything, because everything comes with risk. Fast food restaurants would have to be closed. Every donut or cup of coffee banned. Every medication banned. Every human activity, sport, fairground ride, all stopped. As they all come with risk.

Either that or the state would have to micromanage all these things to perfection. Literally telling us how many donuts we're allowed to eat. Or how much exercise we're required to do or not to do. Likewise it would have to set the acceptable level of risk for any medication administered, as it does now - only in this scenario you'd no longer be able to say "No". It would decide.

So accepting the state can mandate what we do with our bodies means either believing the state knows best, and can manage these things to perfection - or it means simply accepting that it can impose the lowest standard upon you - i.e. whatever it deems satisfactory.

'Satisfactory' may be good enough for you, but it isn't good enough for me, and I don't accept it being forced upon me. So I'll decide what is good enough for me.

(click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment