Sunday, July 17, 2022

Not So Bad

Okey-dokey, so I've just watched today's leadership debate on ITV. I feel somewhat more optimistic than I did yesterday. It wasn't entirely depressing.

I thought all three women were good. Liz Truss did well which was good to see. I still believe she's the most sensible choice given the circumstances. Her mannerisms are quite quirky. At times I was thinking she looked like she could be Mr Bean's girlfriend lol. Personally I like that though, it makes her seem a bit more genuine. Plus it's quite fitting for Britain to have Mr Bean's girlfriend in charge.

Kemi Badenoch seemed likeable again, though she came across more like a normal politician here, and she didn't sound especially right-leaning when the question about strikes and unions popped up.

And Penny Mordaunt actually came across as fairly nice and genuine too. So the women won it for me. The guys weren't my cup of tea. Though again, nothing from today gave me the feelings of horror I was experiencing yesterday. Perhaps we might get by as a country after all.

Now I'm going to read the Wikipedia page about Lord Liverpool. I had no real idea who he was when I referenced him a few posts ago, so that's a gap in my knowledge I really should fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment