Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Me - the latest !

I said I'd do a few little update posts to keep this blogging ticking over. So here goes.

Personally my main thing at the moment is getting a passport. It may be recalled from last year's posts that I've never had one. It's something I really need to sort out. Not with any particular excursion in mind. Just mainly to have some actual solid ID for general purposes. I said I'd get it done in 2020. So quite boringly that's the main thing on my to do list right now.

As for online activities I've been doing a few posts working on my phonetic alphabet. That can all be found on this blog; Oink - A Phonetic Alphabet: The Full Alphabet

And that's about it really.

One of my main reasons for dropping back with the content for this blog was to concentrate more on a work of fiction I've been attempting. However, so far I've done precisely nothing with that. The journey thus far can be found here; World Island: Home Page

Perhaps posting here will shame me into doing more.

In The News..

As for what's been in the actual news. Politics an all that. It's mainly been "world war III" hasn't it.

My thoughts on the whole Iran situation are very mixed and unresolved. I genuinely don't quite know what to think, or which side to take, if any. My thinking ranges from the prosaic to the wildly conspiratorial. Obviously it goes without saying that war is bad and that I'm generally against it - who doesn't say that. However, it's never so simple in reality.

Watching the media and social media commentary you tend to get a lot of people with strong opinions on both sides. Those demonising Iran. Others demonising the US and Israel. Life's easy when you're certain who the bad guy is. It can never be truly that black and white though. Can it?

Anyway, I'm just reserving judgement I guess. Hopefully things will head in the right direction.

Can I still call it "daily" ??

Also it's just occurred to me that the blog is still tilted "ya daily cyberia". It's hardly daily though at present. Should I change it? It still has the web address of "freckled monkey" anyway lol. So it barely matters really. Neither name is great. I should probably just leave it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment