Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Updates #2

So, another quick post to keep things ticking over. It's amazing how lazy I've gotten since I stopped religiously posting daily. I've had the flu over the last week or so though :( so that has given me a nice excuse to take my foot off the gas a bit.

Where were we the last time I posted?

I mentioned getting a passport didn't I. I've actually filled in the form and gotten myself some passport photos so that has to go down as progress. Just need a counter signature now.

Also regarding my work of fiction I actually finished Chapter 4. At least the rough version anyway. I've started fleshing out the general story a bit more too. Kind of storyboarding it I guess. Not with actual graphics (though that would be fun - could I do a comic version!??), just in note form. I should start writing Chapter 5 ideally in the next few days.

General News

As for wider news it still seems to be Iran focused. Well, that and the royal drama anyway. I'm still not entirely sure what to make of the Iran situation. As for the royal drama I'm a little worried that it's all part of a wider attack on Britain in general. It seems like the media are just endlessly turning the screw on all the royals. It's not a huge deal really, and hardly on the same level as the Iran issue, but it's potentially an issue in the long run if it means constitutional questions start getting asked.

I've also largely switched off from the EU drama. At the moment I'm just picking up bits and pieces almost through osmosis. I saw a few days ago that the EU parliament had banned nationalistic symbols from the parliament. Meaning the Brexit Party union jacks had to be removed. It sounds incredibly petty. It's terrible PR for the EU if true. As it confirms in a very visible way what many critics of the EU have always claimed - that it is indeed a threat to the nation state. It would have been a smarter move to encourage EU politicians to bring their nation's flags. Creating at least the illusion of symbiosis. I guess they fear these "nationalist" tendencies too much to allow them any headway though.

No comments:

Post a Comment