Friday, August 25, 2023

Masks and Hygiene ..Bad Hygiene

We've entered full fathom five. I've finally finished my work of fiction. I still have a few tweaks to do, plus I'll have to revise it a good few times, but all that can come at leisure. It's a labour of love, so I'm not in a rush. The main endeavour was getting it down - from brain to page. Now that's done I can leave fiction and focus once again on reality. Posts on here will now become more frequent.

Today it's masks. There seems to be a flurry of calls for masks and mandates at the moment. It's like the communists have decided now is the time for another counterinsurgency into normality.

Obviously, I'm wholly against masking. This time my line of attack on Twitter has been:

"Masks are smelly!"

I've been arguing that the people who wear masks tend to have poorer hygiene in general. It's a little bit underhanded - and also mean. However, I think there's a large element of truth to this idea. Here in the UK the only people you really see wearing masks now are very elderly people - who have presumably been brainwashed (read terrified) by their TV screens and carers into doing it. Or teenagers - usually of the mosher or activist variety; black hoodie, tattoos, piercings, rainbow-coloured hair, body odour, face mask.

Added to this there's also the random neighbourhood oddball you often see still masking-up.

In fact, there's a guy who sometimes gets on my bus. He always wears the same face mask - the only person on the bus wearing one ..and he always has really bad body odour. You think, "..please, not next to me." It's a horrible thing to think, and I would never complain or raise the issue in real life. Nor would I mock someone for it. After all, not everyone has the same degree of personal competency. Plus, you never know what an individual's circumstances are. "There but for the grace of God go I," as they say. However, in the round, we all understand that some people have higher hygiene standards than others.

Public transport (that is, communal transport) gives a good education in this.

It's no surprise to me that masking would be associated with poor hygiene. If there are two people and one is happy to allow the government to overrule them in matters of personal hygiene, and the other is fastidious enough to balk at that thought, then you'd suspect the former to be more slob-like.

Communism means everyone eating at the same trough. Capitalism allows you to go off and prepare your own meal.

After wearing a mask for a few hours, and experiencing the damp, the warmth, and the discomfort, a basic disgust response kicks in. You have to be pretty docile (or very zealously invested in the narrative) to not be aware of this.

Imagine how dumb someone must be to want their government to be able to force this upon them. How poor must the instincts of that person be.

Three years ago I had the logic to understand this would be the case. Now three years later I have the real world evidence to back it up.

All the covid measures have made people poorer and smellier.


[It's also worth noting that we once again see the results of the conflicting ideologies I mentioned in my last post.

These people have filled the world's oceans with face masks in their quest for 'public hygiene'.
Yet, these are also the same people telling you to shower less to save the environment.

They're very, very confused people. It would be funny were we not constantly held hostage to them.]

No comments:

Post a Comment