Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Roseberry Topping in August

I was out and about yesterday - went up Roseberry Topping to do some filming. I always like these posts, as all I really have to do is share pictures. It's nice and easy.

(click to enlarge)






We're blessed with some beautiful landscape. I went on Twitter this morning to find debate about the potential pollution that will be caused by the government giving the green light for more housing. The sort of people that scream most about damage to the environment often tend to be the same people demanding hundreds of thousands more in net migration - which obviously requires more housing to be built. Not to mention the added roads, sewers and services.

There are arguments both ways, and I feel a little bit selfish saying I want to keep this landscape for myself. However, I wish the people screaming would be more honest and a bit less muddle-headed. You can't have it all ways. You have to strike a balance. If you want more people that means more incursions into nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment