Friday, April 17, 2020

A Globalist Hissy Fit ?

Where are we today? It's such a bizarre situation. I keep swinging between optimism that this lock down will end to a pessimism that we've witnessed some kind of a "falling of an iron curtain" and that things may never be the same again. It's very hard to read the overall situation. My general feeling is that it's all in flux and that things are largely unpredictable.

The desire to damage Trump and push back Brexit makes me think that this is, in essence, some type of globalist hissy fit. If that's the case then patience is the key. It will lose energy and the narrative will begin to break down sooner or later. There are so many different strands beyond the general politics though, so I fear I may be missing too much to make a good assessment.

Watching the west fail so badly has made me think that something better is needed though. So I've begun thinking about long term solutions. Like an actual new political party, or some other vehicle to achieve a more harmonious world. I actually have some quite interesting ideas. I've been thinking about how to design the perfect political party for some time now. I think I have some novel solutions to the usual problems. Now this crisis has also forced me to consider the policies, or core values. So that is beginning to coalesce as well. I may post further on this topic over the coming weeks (months ?, years ?? ) of lock down. I might as well put the time under house arrest to some good use. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment