Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Radio Frequencies..

Liz Truss has made a quick start. It's definitely Bloody Mary - but in a good way. I'm enjoying watching it. I don't want to talk politics today though, I want to talk about my favourite topic: Me.

I need to master the art of being calm without being lazy.

I'm a very socially awkward person, almost comically so - it's pretty bad. So I was thinking I really need to work on this. I should really be trying to improve my weaknesses. I'm posting here as doing so forces me to make some kind of effort. If I write it down I won't just forget about it until the thought pops up again.

I'm not exactly sure what I'll do - other than try to slow myself down when I'm in social situations. Though I guess any sort of conscious effort may help. Especially if it becomes habitualised.

I do worry though that in chilling myself out I might lose some of my zest and energy. Perhaps you're either a busy bee with endless amounts of nervous energy, or you're a lazy, but laidback kind of person. Maybe you can't be both - maybe it's either one or the other, or some happy medium in between.

It's easy to chill out when you're sat doing nothing, like some Buddhist monk. I can do that, and have done it in the past (though it bores me immensely). The problem comes when you're out and about and doing things. The minute I'm actually doing something I'm a million miles per hour. Like a little jittery garden bird, rapidly looking around, alert to every sound, seeing the world at a rate of frames per second that humans don't normally operate at.

In fact, it's the other humans I have a problem with. I'm fairly energetic now just sat alone typing, but I don't mind it, I like the zeal. However, when I'm with other people this just manifests as nervous hesitation. I'm on a different frequency almost. So perhaps I need to make the effort to slow myself down when dealing with other people specifically.

Take a breath, pause, slow down, no rush. They're only people.

Radio.

In more mundane news my little wind up radio came today. I attempted to charge my phone up with it and it did indeed work. As that's the main thing I wanted it for I'm fairly pleased.

The radio itself is also surprising listenable for the size.


I now have it sat near a window to test the solar panel. I expect the benefits of this to be little to nothing, but either way it'll be handy to have if the power does indeed go at any point. We had thunder and lightening today, along with the summer sun, so we got a brief glimpse of the rockier weather that's on its way. Hopefully it won't be radio by candlelight this winter though.

No comments:

Post a Comment