Saturday, September 10, 2022

Strange Days..

I posted earlier today elsewhere, basically arguing that we've went awry as a nation when it comes to mourning with the "minute's applause".

That can be found via the link below, I won't rehash things here:

The "Minute's Applause" Is Why We Have No Football

It's been a very strange few days following the Queen's death. I'm not sure what to make of it. In a way I'm fortunate that I don't have strong feelings about the monarchy one way or the other. In younger days I was firmly against the concept, but with age I've arrived at an appreciation of constitutional monarchy, for largely pragmatic reasons. Either way the Queen has been head of state since the day I was born.

As I don't have strong opinions (for a change) I can simply sit back and watch things. It's all very interesting. There's a lot of chitchat and political commentary at the moment, as you'd expect, so the few opinions I do have I'll keep to myself for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment