Thursday, September 1, 2022

Russian Winter

I had another cold shower today. It's September 1st, so I could be very generous to myself and say I've managed one in autumn, but I think that would be pushing it a bit. The first few minutes or so are the worst. In fact, I had to ease myself in gently, doing one arm first then the other. Once the whole body is acclimatised it's not so bad. That initial shock of the cold water though is not enjoyable. I can't imagine what it must be like in winter, when you're cold already, so we'll see how far I get. At least I've saved the environment a tiny little bit.

I also bought some candles today too, as I said I would last post. I might stock up and buy a few more.

The Moex.

On a slightly different topic there was an interesting little update in regards my Sberbank shares today (- you may remember I bought an enormous $60s worth as we entered Iron Curtain Part II). Anyway, they seem to have been converted to Moscow Stock Exchange depositaries by eToro. So there are now two little Sberbank tickers in my portfolio:


I'm guessing when the transition is complete there'll just be the one MOEX listing with the updated values and percentages.

It's largely cosmetic as whatever the listings and values it's still pretty much impossible to trade these Russian shares. So it's all just a fancy way of saying $0. Their current value on the Moscow exchange is about $80 now though - if my maths is right. So technically I'm up, even if it is just cosmetic ..and I'll happily take the appearances at the moment, as it'll at least make my bright red losses look slightly less emphatic.

We'll see what happens with the Gazprom ones now.

No comments:

Post a Comment