Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Already February.

I've been reading back a few of the posts on here over the last few days. It's made me think that perhaps I should begin posting more frequently again. It's nice, and also quite handy having a little back-catalogue to refer to when trying to put the whole world and its issues into context.

Following on from my last post I've finally received my passport too. It actually arrived today. So I have at least achieved something so far in 2020 :)

With it being my first passport I had to go for an interview in Durham to confirm my identity. The prospect was a little daunting, but it turned out to be quite a simple process, and the people working there were very friendly and easy to speak to. So it wasn't quite the interrogation I was fearing. It also gave me a chance to have a little wander round Durham and take a few pictures. Beautiful place. Only soured by the fact that I spent the first half an hour or so busting for a pee and wandering around half-lost looking for a toilet.

For anyone else with a George Costanza-type need to know where all the public bathrooms are, there was a quite handy little one up near the Cathedral. I walked up there three times. The first when I originally, with relief, found it. Then again, before the interview (just in case I needed it - the joys of living with a nervous disposition). Then finally before the long bus ride back to Middlesbrough.

..not the classiest review of a day trip to Durham you'll ever read, but hopefully the pictures below at least raise the tone a little.






No comments:

Post a Comment