Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Over The Learning Curve

I think the Irish polls are finally counted. Fianna Fáil have 38 seats, Sinn Féin 37 and Fine Gael 35. The earlier predictions I saw stated that Fianna Fáil would get 45 seats. So things must have turned out even worse than expected. There are a bevy of other parties and individual candidates too so it's all a bit complicated and difficult to follow. I have no idea what will happen next.

I did watch some more Irish election coverage last night though, and it seems like there are similar issues driving the changes in Ireland to the ones that have been driving what's happened in the UK recently. Though coloured a little differently. Housing crisis, homelessness. A general feeling that things are getting progressively worse not better. Whatever we have now is not working, so let's try something different. That kind of thing.

Self-published books..

On a different topic I've also been looking at tax today. I have a few books on Amazon. The one that can be viewed in the sidebar (or here if your reading on a mobile) never ever sells. So that's kinda moot. My other book, a book about red hair, does shift a few copies each month though. So I always wonder at what point I become "self-employed" in any real sense. From what I can tell it turns out that here in the UK you don't have to file a tax return until you've earned £1000 - and I'm miles away from that sadly 😅. So I think so far I'm still in hobby territory.

I will have to get another normal job though sooner or later. So that might change things. It's such a confusing topic. I may post about it more going forward, as again, just like with learning about Irish politics, posting forces me through the learning curve. Or should that be over the learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment