Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Four For

Little update: I was back in work yesterday and the results from the pay rise vote was in. I only heard it second hand, so I don't have exact figures, but apparently about 97% voted against accepting the offer, and only four people voted in favour of it.

I abstained, so none of that includes me. I'd be interested in hearing why the four voted in favour of it - perhaps they have similar concerns to me, or maybe they just want to take the cash and avoid any further hassle. It's a big place though, and so far everyone I've spoken to has been in that 97%. (I need to improve my social skills to get more information, I'm always on the peripheries of any gossip.)

Again, it all seems rather mundane though. I think there's just more arbitration now - I can't see it ever getting to strike action or anything like that. It's mainly the wider 'cost of living' drama that makes me wary. Ninety-seven percent is fairly unanimous though.

No comments:

Post a Comment