Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Hot Enough Is Enough

I'm in a somewhat more chilled mood today. I've just seen that 115,000 postal workers are going on strike for four days in the UK (that's not why I'm chilled, I just am - though I'm tempted to joke I probably won't even notice they're on strike). My knowledge of this came courtesy of another campaign group that have recently came on my radar - one called Enough is Enough. They have a website called wesayenough.co.uk.

I'm not sure how old the website is, but the Twitter account launched in July 2022. So it's another new campaign on the block, focused on the 'cost of living' crisis. Apparently over 200,000 people have signed up to support its demands, so like Don't Pay UK it's really taken off quite quickly. It also has the support of Labour MPs Zarah Sultana and Ian Byrne.

There's a momentum building. Or at least I think that's the aim. It's very hot though, so I think I might head out to the garden and continue reading my book about Captain Scott and Antarctica.

(Also, on a side note, isn't 'enough' an odd little word. It might just be that I've typed it so much now, but I'm starting to question if I'm even spelling it right. Enuff is Enuff would be easier.)

No comments:

Post a Comment