Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Painted Chaos

I've been a little annoyed today. We've seen a continuation of the 'cost of living' hysteria, and watching so many people get hooked into the 'crisis' narrative has been disappointing for me. The sheep are easily spooked - and I'm not just using that term pejoratively; a lot of the supposedly 'awake' people are just as guilty of being easily herded. I guess it's those people in particular that are so annoying me. They don't learn. It's like living in the land of the goldfish.

It reminds me of the Leonardo da Vinci quote: There are three classes of people: those that see, those that see when shown, and those that cannot see.

I really need to be a little nicer and more patient towards the people in that second category. (I could perhaps do with being a little less arrogant too - I'm obviously placing myself in the first category, but maybe I'm not as wise as I think I am.)

I've been lazy and offhand with people on Twitter, not that many people notice the tweets anyway. I often come back to this topic of how much of a dick I am on Twitter, and always wonder if I should change my ways or stop altogether, but at least it's something. Perhaps my dick-ish opinions cause the odd worthwhile ripple in the hivemind.

Occasionally I do attempt to start tweeting in a politer and less alienating way, but it never lasts long.

Self-focus.

I also often wonder if I should focus fully on my own life. Just stay outta the political soup completely.

I mentioned a good while back that I was working on my fictional novel. I can't remember when I last gave an update on here, but that's coming along very nicely. I've finished the second draft of the first book, and I've recently managed to flesh out the overall storyboard for the second book - yes, it's an epic two-parter. I'm really tempted to just get lost in that. It's a really enjoyable little realm I've created.

So I may just plan for a winter of work and writing. If we have crises and energy lockdowns so be it. I survived the corona-mania, so maybe I should just let everyone get on with things and make my own plans. A peaceful ship on stormy waters. The beautiful art of knowing how and when to fall asleep on the battlefield.

I'm saying this though, but the chaos is also enticing. In 2020 we had a kind of dark order to things. The narrative was fixed and awesome to stand in opposition to, but now all the narratives are fragmenting quickly. In spite of my earlier bemoaning of the people that are hooked into some of these narratives. It's mayhem in truth. I see a lot of forces trying to make order out of chaos - but it really is chaos now. Back in 2020 it was order out of order, painted with the countenance of chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment