Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Sleeping Giants

I had a really good nights sleep last night. Sleep is great, and you really feel the difference when you get a good dose of it. I had some quite vivid dreams though, which is the downside/upside - I'm never quite sure which.

Anyway, I woke up, sleepy-headed, and lay there scrolling through Twitter, as a kind of half-step into the day. What caught my attention was that Elon Musk was tweeting - jokingly - about buying Manchester United football club.

I own a few shares in Manchester United: 9.5 to be precise - that's about $120 worth. I'm not a Manchester United fan, but I love football, so I couldn't resist buying some. I like things where my interests intersect. In this case my interest in football and stocks overlapping. It kinda makes everything doubly interesting.


I was toying with the idea of buying some more, putting a buy order for when the US markets open, but I fear with all the speculation now rife I'll be back of the queue - I'm still so inexperienced and have no real idea how these things work, so it's really better just to sit back and watch. Though saying this if I don't put a buy order in I won't see how it pans out, so maybe I should stick $100 in and make it interesting. Hmm.

In fact, I'll do that right now..

[Intermission]

Okay so I've put an order in: $105 'at market'. (I've also made a cup of tea.) So let's see what happens. It'll be a mini education.

Obviously I'm expecting the price to go up with all the Elon-hype. His tweets were just joking, and he did say that..


However, he did then add this:


This seems like a smart way of testing the waters as United fans will view this and be like "He's a United fan too !" So it endears him to the fanbase potentially.

"I wish he wasn't just joking!!"

Anyway, we'll see what happens, I've had my little gamble. I'll provide an update tomorrow.


Enough is never enough..

On a side note when I re-visited Twitter to screengrab the Musk tweets I noticed "Enough is enough" was trending. So that's continuing unabated it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment