Thursday, August 18, 2022

MAN U 2

Two posts today. As promised I'll give an update on the $105 of Manchester United shares I bought yesterday. Firstly, as expected, they did go up in value - about 5 or 6 percent, I can't remember the exact figure. Then secondly, yes, as expected I did miss out on most of that. I was back of the queue when the markets opened. Plus I'm guessing out of hours trading gets factored in the minute the market opens, so things adjust before regular people just trading on apps like me can get in on the action.

I was reading up on out of hours trading after yesterday's post. I still have little idea how it actually work, but it was a little education and a step up for me.

Setting my buy for 'at market' before the market opened cost me too as when the buy finally actioned there'd already been a big increase. So as the price dropped back down I was in negative territory for a while. If I'd have just waited and bought a bit later at my own leisure I'd have been better off. Though it's all hypotheticals as I might have chosen not to buy at all had I felt I'd missed the hump.

All this said though I did find myself in the green by the end of the day. Then on top of this the price has risen about 2.5% so far today too. So at the time of writing the shares I bought are nearly 3% up. This has been helped by talk that Sir Jim Ratcliffe (he's a rich guy apparently) is interested in buying the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment