Monday, November 18, 2019

A nice post (..for once!)

I've been doing some more homework on the upcoming election. My last post was a little spikey and opinionated. However, when looking at the candidates it occurs to me that all the people standing in my area seem like really nice people. The Liberal Democrat candidate seems like a very young guy going by his Twitter profile picture. The Green candidate is a local doctor. The Conservative candidate seems like a lovely woman.

It's easy to forget that all these people are standing and putting themselves forward. Putting themselves under the glare of the spotlight. All in a sense of public spirit. All doing it because they believe they're doing the right thing. It's worth remembering, and they all deserve huge credit for giving voters like me an option.

Hopefully they all enjoy the campaign and take great value from it whatever the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment