Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Farage On Fire

I was working late yesterday, so couldn't watch the Boris/Corbyn debate live sadly. However, I did watch it in the early hours when I finally got home. I was drifting in and out of it though (and that's not drifting in and out of sleep through tiredness, but drifting in and out of the debate itself through sheer boredom). So I just ended up scrolling through Twitter for most of the time. With that on in the background. It just wasn't that engaging.

Afterwards I then watched Nigel Farage on Question Time. That was completely different. The time flew by. He was very engaged with the audience, very combative and very much on form. He really is a superb public speaker. The audience was mainly hostile, but you could see he was winning them over to some extent. He makes his case and gets on the front foot. Whereas the Tories and Labour tend to pander to the public.

It's going to be really interesting to watch what happens with this over the next few weeks. Farage is going to cause both Labour and Conservatives some real trouble. It's just a question of how much.

No comments:

Post a Comment