Saturday, November 30, 2019

Way Out West

So, during the run up to the 2017 general election there was a terror event on the last day voters could register, the Manchester Arena event. This election there was one three days later.

Anyways, where were we.

I'm still, yes still, working my way through all the constituencies (I forgot about W - lots of places beginning with "west"). Nearly there though. I've been making a little list of interesting constituencies (to my eyes at least), but given my slow pace I'm not sure I'll be able to further investigate them all before December the 12th. There are lots of interesting seats though. All the seats where politicians from the last parliament are standing down will be interesting. Being a well known incumbent really does make a difference I think. Often, for whatever reason, a personality may or may not click with the area they're standing in. There's definitely a knack to having a good rapport with people.

Personally I'd be quite worried about this election whatever party I was rooting for. I think it's very hard to predict what will happen. 3.8 million newly registered voters. Many of the already registered perhaps feeling a bit disenfranchised and not turning out. Votes getting split on either side.

It could be an interesting night.

No comments:

Post a Comment