Saturday, June 29, 2019

The Irish Dream

Today the focus is Ireland. The Irish republic really seems to be going the way of the globalists at the moment. Big climate change plans, immigration and demographic shifts. Major change.

It seems to me that Ireland is the true major political battleground in Europe at the moment, though people don't see this. If Ireland were to start going against the EU/globalist dream then that would mean that the whole of these islands would become a united and problematic block. It would also be much easier for the Irish to leave the Euro than it would for other European countries as they could just adopt the pound or have a currency pegged to the pound in some way.

I think the EU realise this and are currently doubling down. Working at breakneck speed to ensure that there's no going back for the country.

Sadly I think the antipathy the Irish have for the English means that this will only continue. It's similar with Scotland. As I've noted on here before. I really don't understand why Scotland want to leave the UK only to throw their lot in with another union. A bigger union at that and one that is actually taking power away from its constituent countries. Unlike the UK which is handing powers back.

I totally get the desire for independence, and I absolute support it if that's what the majority of people want ..but if you don't control your own currency you don't have true independence. You're just essentially a county in a bigger country. It's just a pretend independence.

I'd love to see the whole of these islands support Britain's current reach for independence. Hopefully that will happen, but I'm not hopeful.

I remember growing up watching football. As England fans we'd always support the other teams from the British Isles if England were absent. It just seemed natural to support Ireland in World Cup '94. They were our near neighbours. Of course, you always took it for granted that Scotland, Ireland and the rest didn't like us so much. A simple product of the history, but you kind of hoped that deep down they didn't really mean it.

I don't know what the future of these islands holds, but I'm sure the spirit is pretty similar right across the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment