Tuesday, July 16, 2019

EU Army or The Beatles ..you choose

I almost forgot to post today. A devastating prospect for my millions and millions of readers.

The big news seems to be that Ursula von der Leyen has been elected president of the EU Commission. She was elected by quite a narrow margin. She's quite an attractive woman, so she'll probably run rings around Boris for that reason alone. It's generally a good tactic though if you're selling a product that people don't want to put a pretty face on the bottle. It's much easier to be rude to a faceless man in a suit, so she might get a fraction more goodwill from EU critics.

(Ursula von der Leyen - yes, I think she
looks attractive, don't judge me)

She's very big on further European integration too, so it's now very much out in the open that an EU army, etc is on the cards. It's probably quite a good thing that they're being honest and open about it now. Remainers in the UK will be forced to get their head out of the sand and acknowledge that it's all actually heading that way.

The choice that's been presented to us - i.e. the choice between the "status quo" of staying and the change that will come with leaving - now has to be abandoned by remainers. They'll now have to publicly own everything that the EU stands for. No more throwing the label "conspiracy theorist" at everyone who speaks the words "EU army".

I've got a feeling a few more people will be putting on their Brexit hats the way it's going. I think I may have to get mine back on too.

(..he remembers the Hamburg days with
fondness, but still wants Brexit)

I should say for the record I have no idea what Ringo Starr's current position is on Brexit. Though he did come out in 2017 and say that he wanted Britain to "get on" with it. Stating, "I think it’s a great move I think, you know, to be in control of your country is a good move."

I only have the image on my computer as it was his birthday a few weeks ago and I saw it trending on Twitter, so stuck a hat on him lol. I quite sensibly decided not to share it. I knew it would come in handy someday though.

No comments:

Post a Comment