Wednesday, July 10, 2019

The Left Can't Meme

Been photoshopping today. I can't meme ..fun to try though. I'm just not edgy enough sadly. In fact, I just posted this one on Twitter and someone liked it - "hey, recognition!" I thought 💗. I then clicked the avatar to find it was a remainer who'd liked it lol, not my target audience. This happens quite a lot to me. The left can't meme. So it's a ringing indictment.

(challenge ..name all six figures)

I should really post the original for context. This diagram was published in the Times and shows the network of intrigue surrounding Isabel Oakeshott. The journalist responsible for the scoop that has now finally led to the resignation of the diplomat Sir Kim Darroch.

(the original image)

I find all this interesting as it seems that the remain media are now publishing what can only be described as "conspiracy content". The Guardian journalist Carole Cadwalladr is perhaps the most notable proponent of this type of journalism in the UK currently. It's almost becoming cliché it's that prevalent.

Personally I don't have a huge problem with people pointing out such links. The people in the diagram are linked, and do have common cause and values to some extent. So it's interesting, informative and worthy of note. In fact, I follow all these people on Twitter, so if someone visited my Twitter account and saw this they would probably assume I also shared some of their views ..and in that case they'd be right. I am firmly a Brexiteer. So acknowledging such links, even loose ones, can be useful. However, it's not always an accurate way of judging things, and it's silly to overemphasise such connections.

Evidence of links between people isn't evidence of bad behaviour either. There's nothing wrong with formal or informal networks. We're all connected in groups in one way or another. Six degrees of separation. Nor should one person be deemed guilty merely by having association with another. This is a mistake online conspiracy theorists often make. Finding a photograph of one person shaking hands with another and then jumping to the conclusion that both are part of some nefarious secret cabal.

Amusingly some of the mainstream media content is now almost surpassing online commentators in this regard.

Of course, to complete outsiders, lower down the ladder, such as myself, all the "elites" just look like one big network of mutual interest. So it's hard not to be a conspiracy theorist. The way the globalist remainer class are now seeing conspiracy behind every curtain perhaps suggests that ultimately they're no different to ourselves.

I always thought the accusations of "Russian involvement" were just an outright lie. Now I'm beginning to think these people really believed it.

An Illuminati conspiracy dreamed up and believed by the Illuminati themselves ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment