Thursday, July 18, 2019

General Election Getting Ever Nearer

I've noticed that my posts seem to be a bit more chipper and cheeky when I do them in the evening as opposed to when I do them first thing in the morning. I'm not really much of a morning person so I'm not really that surprised. I might start doing them nightly rather than daily now if that makes sense. Plus you have a day's worth of events to write about. Though then again, saying that, it's probably best to have a bit of a mix really. So I'll probably just continue to do them whenever. Why am I even writing about this. Why are you even reading it?

The big thing today is that parliament has passed an amendment that essentially blocks (or attempts to block) any attempts to prorogue parliament. I think every Labour MP with the exception of Kate Hoey either voted for the amendment or abstained. So they're most definitely a remain party now. You can't leave if you essential say to the EU we'll only leave if you agree to it.

17 Conservative politicians also voted in favour of it. It's now looking ever more likely that we'll see a general election before the end of the year. I'm actually starting to look forward to it. I just hope the British public has good pro-Brexit candidates standing to provide an alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment