Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Newsnight Fright Night / HALLOWEEN Brexit

Been staring at a laptop screen far too much today doing other things. My eyes are aching "..must post daily though".

I listened to the final Tory leader hustings just over an hour ago. I must say both seemed like alright blokes. Again, being a Brexiteer I'm hoping it's Boris, then just hoping he delivers. However, they both seemed okay tonight. Neither said anything that particularly irked or offended me.

Also, earlier today I watched Brian Gerrish on the UK Column YouTube channel. I'm never entirely sure what to make of all that stuff, but I always instinctively feel that Gerrish is a thoroughly decent bloke. Anyway he was discussing, among other things, the recent Newsnight piece featuring Rod Liddle (local lad!) and the People's Vote advocate Tom Baldwin. It was quite a heated discussion and felt like a bit of an anti-Brexit hit job by the Beeb - though I guess I would say that. However, what Gerrish pointed out was the bizarre imagery in the Newsnight studio. His take was that it was a bit of subtle subconscious programming used to help nudge along the remain narrative.

I'm not sure what to make of it myself, perhaps just artistic license on the part of the programme makers. It certainly looked very odd and creepy though.

(The Newsnight set backdrop, showing Britain emblazoned with
"remain" on the left, and then what appears to be a chaotic mangled
"leave" version of Britain to its right)

All I can see when I look at it is a man in a peaked cap holding what appears to be a scary face lol. I'm sure it's just some type of odd pareidolia effect. Plus I've been sticking Brexit hats on a lot of images over the last few weeks. So perhaps that has something to do with it.

..Or maybe it's some Freudian window into the troubled soul of the makers of Newsnight, as they grapple with their nightmare of Brexit.

(creepy hat dude highlighted)

Of course, as I've mentioned before on here, Brexit is now scheduled for Halloween (!). So it's all quite fitting in some way. If it's this creepy in the middle of summer Christ knows what it'll be like in the darkness of late Autumn.

Mwah-ha-ha-haaaa...

Sorry, that was a bit cringe wasn't it ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment