Thursday, October 17, 2019

Boris Houdini Deal

Well, busy day! Boris has brought back a deal!

I've been out most of the day so I've had to spend the last hour or so catching up. Yesterday I spoke of instincts. My instinct so far is that this is a very decent deal. I'm calling it the Houdini Deal. Getting significant changes to the May Deal with his hands tied behind his back by the removal (or seeming removal) of "no deal" by parliament is quite a feat.

I'm in quite a good mood about it all. I'm currently sat with Jools Holland on - some good artists, most I've never heard of. I'm tempted to rewind it and listen again, but I guess I'm going to have to tune in to Question Time next. Hopefully it won't infuriate me like it usually does. Either way though good times.

Boris now just has to get the deal through this parliament. Which I can't really see happening to be honest, but having seen an actual deal with actual changes I'm now feeling optimistic, even if my head says otherwise. I may even write a nicely worded email tomorrow to my remainer-Labour MP asking him to back it. Though I don't expect it would make much difference, even if it was read. Seems like the least I can do though given that Boris seems to have delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment