Monday, October 7, 2019

Brextinction Rebellion

I'd like to type more today, but I've been on phones and laptops so much over the last 24 hours that my fingers are literally aching :( I need a holiday for my hands I think. Blogging ain't easy. No one knows how hard I have it.

Anyway, there are a few things going on. The MP Heidi Allen has just joined the Lib Dems. I won't repeat what I said a few months ago about the Lib Dems absorbing renegade politicians, but it's a trend I very much welcome. It's a bit like herding sheep. Only in this case the sheep are self-herding.

The Brexit debate is also continuing full steam. No. 10 seem to be really hunkering down for the fight. Unless it's all bluff of course. They certainly seem to be going all out to create the impression that leaving without a deal on October 31st is still very much on the cards. The following article from The Spectator is well worth a read;

How Number 10 view the state of the negotiations

We've also had the Extinction Rebellion protests in London and elsewhere today. This is the topic I could write a fair bit about today (could I be arsed). I may come back to it over the next few weeks and days (apparently these protests are scheduled for two full weeks, so plenty of opportunity). Needless to say I'll leave with this common old saying as a precursor, which I'm probably misquoting.

"If they could tax the air we breathe they would."

Now I'm going to go and make some soup, if I can even be bothered. Then sit down and watch Only Connect, which I've only just noticed was on today. Is it a new series now?? Hopefully that means there'll be a few more episodes on the iPlayer to watch that I've missed. Exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment