Monday, October 21, 2019

..turning cogs

Hmm.. there's a lot I could write about re Brexit, but I don't quite know where to start or what to focus on. So I think it's probably best to keep it short and come back tomorrow with some fresh thoughts.

There are so many cogs. It's like looking at the inside of a watch and trying to figure out what's turning what. Who's turning who perhaps. At least with mechanics you're safe in the knowledge that it can be worked out if you're patient and apply yourself. With politics though you have to surmise the intentions of people as well as their actions. Even if you could assume everyone was acting sincerely it would be difficult, once you start trying to factor in the doubt it becomes impossible.

That all sounds very conspiratorial doesn't it :) Though I guess that gets to the heart of why I don't quite know what to write or where to start. The realisation that I can't really know what's happening, therefore it's foolish to try to give a commentary.

No doubt I'll re-find my arrogance tomorrow and give it a damn good go though 😈

No comments:

Post a Comment