Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Bend The Knee

I've just seen an article suggesting that Brits should 'take the knee' on their doorsteps tonight at 6 pm to show solidarity with Black Lives Matter. I'm constantly reminded of Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones. Wanting everyone to bend the knee, and threatening to torch entire cities if people refused.


Of course, it's very much akin to the doorstep clapping for the NHS. Choreographed Soviet mind slush.

Sit. Good dog.

News at Ten

I also watched ITV's News at Ten last night. Normally I don't watch the news in this way, so it was a novel experience. I only caught it as the TV was on that channel when I turned it on. Anyway, I was shocked by just how biased it was. Perhaps it was always this bad and I've just lost my immunity to it. Either way it was pretty galling.

  • The US protests and riots covered with a distinct anti-Trump bias.
  • Then the Black Lives Matter issue in the UK mixed in with the idea that 'BAME' people are more likely to die from Coronavirus. Talk about fanning the flames.
  • Then it moved onto Brazil's Coronavirus response and how terrible Bolsonaro is (there are of course anti-racism protests there now too I see).

It was quite incredible. Not just for its bias, but also for its blatancy and lack of intelligence. I think even the dimmest of people would gauge that there was some kind of political agenda at play. In fact, this lack of intelligence does give me some hope actually. The mainstream media, like the Democrats in America, are so truly incompetent and lacking in self-awareness that even with the odds stacked in their favour they'll still somehow misplay their hand.

Also, on a side note, the fact that BAME people are more likely to "die from Covid" is simply due to the relative poverty. Poorer people die younger. It's similar here in my area. The local media point at certain locations and say "this postcode has a higher than average rate of Covid, etc". It's always the poorer areas. So this is another thing that illustrates that we're just dealing with something approximating a regular flu here. Likewise with the age of the those dying of Covid (I've moved from calling it Coronavirus to Covid here in this article haven't I lol - I can't make up my mind). The average age of death tends to hover around the average age at which people normally die anyway. Again, showing everything is in fact quite normal.

Outside of the media induced hysteria that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment