Tuesday, June 2, 2020

..the riots and whatnot

Nothing much to post today. Just as well really. The big thing is the trouble in the US - the riots and whatnot. It angers me a little seeing what's going on there. It's clearly all about going after Trump (at least in my opinion). The people fanning the flames in the media and elsewhere don't give a damn about the people caught up in it all. It's pretty bad.

I've been arguing about it a little on Twitter today. I'm not sure whether I should be doing it or not, but I feel like if I can make even just a few people think twice about going out and rioting it might make a difference. I always fear that I may just be making things worse though. Obviously there may be things going on beyond my knowledge or understanding. Especially given it's happening all the way across the sea in America.

Also, my pinned tweet at the moment has a little bit of a Christian theme. I think one of the people I was arguing with thought I was some kind of fundamentalist Christian because of it.


This was posted in relation to the way Covid has forcibly separated people. It was part genuine sentiment, but also a deliberate attempt on my part to remind anyone visiting my profile that there are higher and more timeless things in this world. That all power and legitimacy doesn't begin and end with government.

I might need to change it now though, as a "religious fundamentalist" look probably isn't going to help if I'm going to be arguing with Trump-hating atheists. I might have more influence if I take on a more classically European appearance. Try to garner the appearance of an intellectual 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment