Thursday, June 4, 2020

Facebook Riots

Well, unsurprisingly we had some rioting in London yesterday. It's easy to see how much this is being stirred up by the media. Sadly though too many people are too dim to see this, so get carried along for the ride. I'm beginning to fear for the rest of 2020.

I always try to help dampen these things down on Twitter, Facebook and elsewhere, but it really is a thankless task. I effectively got accused of being a racist yesterday, or at least of being "ignorant" in that regard, by a former work colleague after I'd posted something disparaging about Black Lives Matter. We had a bit of a back and forth, and it finally resulted in him unfriending me 😅

I really do wonder if it's worth it. I lost a few arguing over the lock down too.

Perhaps I have to streamline my tactics a bit more, and be a bit more nuanced. Either way I think it's probably best I take a break for a few days 😅 I'd love to have my own desert island where I wouldn't have to deal with all these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment