Sunday, June 7, 2020

Facebook Riots III

Well, good mood today. Yesterday I spoke to the woman I'd offended with the Black Lives Matter post. I apologised. All is now good. So that's one thing fixed.

It might be wise if I give people a break on Facebook for a while. I'm probably just shouting into the void half the time anyway. It's frustrating seeing how media-manipulated people still are. Having had three months of this you'd think they'd have learnt to be wary of the media flame, but they keep going back. It's almost like they just copy and paste their opinions from elsewhere, with zero critical thought. Monkey see, monkey do.

I've always believed, I guess in an idealistic sense, that everyone is capable of thinking for themselves. Sure, not everyone is blessed with the same intelligence or ability, but nevertheless I've always had faith that given enough time everyone is capable of getting there in the end. After all, it's not like we're taught to think critically in school. If anything incessant questioning tends to get heavily frowned upon. So I suppose you could therefore say I'm a big believer in nurture over nature in that regard. That it's a case of creating an environment that encourages critical thought.

However, watching the last few months does make me wonder 😅 Perhaps a certain percentage of the population will always just follow the crowd and the loud voices leading it. Whatever the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment