Thursday, August 29, 2019

Short, but sweet

It's another day where I have to get up and leave the house pretty soon, so I can't type as much as I'd like. Which is a shame as yesterday was quite a day.

Boris prorogued parliament ..and the response from the remain side has been precisely as predicted. Namely hysterics and cries that he's shutting down democracy. We had the hashtags #StopTheCoup #GeneralStrike and even #Dictatorship trending on Twitter yesterday lmao.

We also had #AbolishTheMonarchy trending at one point. Which shows the level of meltdown on the part of remainers. The Queen is relatively popular across the country (certainly more popular than most politicians) so attacking the royal family is hardly a good strategy for winning people over to your side.

Nor is protesting in the street and stopping traffic.

I've mentioned before that proroguing parliament is not what I would do, it's quite a dangerous strategy as it's perceived as anti-democratic. So you risk losing the moral high ground. Something the leave side have had ever since the referendun  ..however, I can't hide my glee that it's happening. I think this is the general feeling outside the remainer bubble. Finally someone has said no to these people. Hopefully they'll now be sidelined and we can get on with enacting the will of the people.

And I'll leave it at that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment