Wednesday, August 28, 2019

What Rory Did Next

Shoop shoop, shoop de-lang-a-lang, shoop shoop, shoop de-lang-a-lang.

I got a bit confused. That's What Katie Did by the Libertines. I was thinking it was What Katie Did Next, but that was by Babyshambles. Down in Albion. Shows how far from grace my music knowledge has fallen since the days when I used to listen to this stuff all the time. It has given me a nice excuse to listen to a lot of music that I haven't listened to in a while though.

The reason I had this song in my head was because a few days ago Rory Stewart returned to Twitter after a brief period of absence.

(..back in twitterland)

Cool pic. Anyway, since then I've been intermittently thinking what will Rory do next?

Rory, of course, was one of the first people to suggest this idea of an alternative parliament in the event that the real parliament would be prorogued. So I was thinking, is he going to return to be a major figure leading the various cross-party politicians now plotting. Or, has he tempered his feelings about no deal and decided to sit back and let everyone else just get on with it.

As a Brexiteer I was obviously hoping it would be the latter. He's probably the only remain-leaning politician that has any genuine charisma at the moment. So he could tip the balance in their favour.

Sadly it looks as though he's back with a view to kill no deal. Yesterday on Twitter he responded to one of Boris's videos by comparing it to the comedy show Little Britain. I think that's a real window into his soul. Remainers love this "little Britain" meme. The idea that by voting to leave we're retreating into ourselves and into the past. It's simply not accurate and just allows us to see how remainers view their own country. More like Down on Albion ..urgh, total creenge, why do I say these things.

On the plus side I forgot how good Down in Albion is. Albexit.

No comments:

Post a Comment