Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Early Night I Think

I was going to wait until a little later to post. Hoping the day's House of Commons discussions would be done and dusted and I'd be able to react to something more tangible. However, I've been following the drama for most of the day and it's beginning to get exasperating.

A few days ago I posted what was essentially a list of examples highlighting remainer word games and sophistry. Today they've once again excelled themselves. For the last week or so they've been crying and protesting over the prorogation issue. Quite literally claiming that we're living in a "dictatorship" because of a few days prorogation. Now that it's looking ever more likely that Boris wants an election they're suddenly finding every excuse to avoid one. It's pretty shameful stuff.

I've spent the day watching these people squirm around stating things like "well, of course we want an election, but we can't possibly have one now. It's an awful time to have one". It's quite astounding how they can behave this way. How can you simultaneously claim your democracy is under threat while at the same time refusing to assent to any elections?

It probably comes through in my tone that I'm quite annoyed. So I should probably call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment