Friday, September 6, 2019

Hard Day For Boris

I'm in a much better mood today. Yesterday was quite infuriating watching some of the performances in the House of Commons (as was the day before). I woke up this morning with a bit of a bee in my bonnet, but I think I've found my zen cool now. I still think this week has put a bit of fire in my belly though. I may even actually campaign locally should there be a general election any time soon. I'm not really expecting that to be before the October 31st deadline though. Sadly I think my predictions are correct and these remainers in parliament will literally stoop to any low regardless of public opinion to avoid facing the public.

Anyway, on to Boris. He seems to have had quite a hard day. I've been out most of it so haven't been able to follow the news too thoroughly - no doubt why my mood's improved. Firstly I saw the headline that his brother, Jo Johnson, had resigned. Truly incredible timing. I would suspect shenanigans (that age old game of a family playing both sides) were it not for the very visible emotion. It seems to have shaken Boris a little judging by what I've seen of his public appearances today. It must be quite a blow, but perhaps it'll be for the best in the long run. No point being in there if the heart's not in it.

On a more positive note I saw another headline where Boris stated he would "rather be dead in a ditch" than delay Brexit. It brought me great joy when I saw he'd said that I must say. He continues to say all the right things. If the remainers continue to play saboteur though he might have put himself in the position where he'll have to resign to avoid that. I'm not sure what would happen then. No doubt the remainers would jump at any chance to try to take the reigns by forming some chaotic emergency government. That would mean Corbyn at the helm though. So no doubt they're plotting some way to sideline him too.

Their plans always tend to be poorly formed and they can't ever seem to be able to see beyond the next few months. They seem to operate more like an ooze or virus that adapts and evolves constantly to cling onto power, rather than as a collection of sentient human beings. Emily Thornberry's failure to see that she was essentially arguing for a situation where she'd be campaigning in an election to negotiate a deal with Brussels, then campaigning against that very same deal in a referendum to follow on BBC Question Time tonight being a classic case in point.

I think my language is getting a little pejorative again. I should probably tone it down a bit. It really is hard to hide my disdain for these people though. They're simultaneously crying that we're living in a "dictatorship" whilst at the same time blocking an election. Every word they say just sounds like Orwellian double speak to me now.

In fact, if they do succeed in ousting both Corbyn and Boris, and then put a Keir Starmer type figure in charge it will feel like we're living in very dark times. They'll try to cling on as long as possible to undermine Brexit, simply ignoring public opinion if necessary, riding it out 'til 2022. Or as close as they can possibly get before their numbers in parliament drop away.

If I was Dominic Cummings right now I'd seriously be thinking about finding ways to put a wedge between the conscientious, but duped members of the Labour Party, like Corbyn, and the hardened 5th columnists like Starmer and John McDonnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment