Saturday, September 21, 2019

Labour Party conference

Wow, it's still really warm, perhaps the climate activists are on to something xD we've had a very summery last few days or so.

The main news today is that it's the Labour Party conference. We're seeing all manner of infighting. The classic Corbynistas versus the Blairites it seems. There have been moves to get rid of Tom Watson so far, which I think are on hold at present. I've also noticed that parts of the press are softening their opposition to a Corbyn Labour government. I think this is mainly because Labour are now almost wholly remain.

For example, we have this article from the Guardian today;

Even bankers are starting to think Corbyn might be the safe choice now

Stating that some bankers are coming round to the prospect of a Corbyn/McDonnell economic project. Essentially saying "hmm, maybe it won't be that bad after all". Again, it's pretty clear that the "liberal elite" are prepared to support anyone and anything that will block Brexit. Their vision of globalism must succeed at all costs, no matter how much damage it does.

***

I was going to write a little more about Labour and Corbyn today, but got sidetracked with other things. Watching the infighting unfold has really got me thinking. However, now I've had time to pause I think I'll sit back, watch and learn a little more before I comment. Perhaps I'll revisit this over the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment