Wednesday, September 18, 2019

..more Supreme Court

I've watched some more of the Supreme Court prorogation hearing today. I'm not going to attempt to comment or sift through it. I just hope these judges make the correct decision.

As I'm watching I can't help but wonder how the judges voted in the referendum. Not that I'm suggesting they would be deliberately biased, but we all have our natural political biases. We can't escape them, we can only attempt to temper them.

This is so clearly a political issue. The law is supposed to serve and protect the people. We shouldn't be slaves under the law. If the courts begin to supersede the elected government in areas such as this we'll find ourselves in endless spirals of technicality. Leaned upon by those with the money and leverage to use them. Completely circumventing the basic common sense judgement of the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment