Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Votes from the Dark Side

I'll keep it short. It already looks as though this week is going to deliver some real drama. The general sense now seems to be that there'll be an election in October if MPs try to scupper no deal.

I think the thing that has stood out most to me are the pleas from Tony Blair and Alastair Campbell that an election won't solve anything. Very telling lol. Which kind of reinforces my general view that the remainers (excluding Corbyn) will do anything to avoid one.

There are so many moving parts it's hard to predict where things go from here.

It's really all eyes on Corbyn, and how much he plays along with the remainer plotters. (They're being called the "rebel alliance" by the media, but I can't bring myself to use the term - it's ruining Star Wars for me more than the endless sequels and prequels.)

If he works hand in glove with the "alliance" leaders - the shadowy Alastair Campbell type figures behind the scenes (more Sith like in reality) - then we may see some incredibly shamefaced voting. Voting to actually block a general election is going to look very bad indeed if it comes to that.

If alternately Corbyn is happy to go down the election route then it's game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment