Sunday, December 8, 2019

Brexitland Accumulator

After looking at Hartlepool I decided to check out Barnsley. This is another target area for the Brexit Party, with two seats in particular that are very interesting. Again you see similar things to what you see here in Middlesbrough. A similar sick-of-Labour, but reluctant to vote Tory attitude. It's all getting very interesting.

It's hard to predict what will happen in seats like these. I think it will all come down to how much the Labour vote collapses. If it really goes then will any one candidate have enough to take the seat from Labour with the vote being split? Maybe we might see some seats where three candidates are close for the win.

As for Middlesbrough Central itself Labour are starting to look an increasingly safe bet with the opposition vote split three ways. Brexit Party/Independent/Conservative. Also, though I've always said that the Conservatives can't win in seats like Middlesbrough, I'm now starting to wonder if that's not the case this time. With the Brexit Party and the Independent candidate potentially eating into the Labour vote could the Tory core vote, plus a little extra then give them enough to get over the line?? Farage does say that the Brexit Party helps the Tories in these working class seats.

Personally I'm still hoping for something magical from the Brexit Party here. I'm certainly voting that way and backing them locally. When it's this chaotic I think you just have to go with your heart and hope for the best. I can certainly feel momentum build for the Brexit Party as we move closer towards voting day too. So who knows.

I'm also tempted to put together a little Brexit Party accumulator with all the seats they could potentially win across the north :) Also I must remember to make a note of the all the odds for these various seats before polling day to then see how they match the reality. An accumulator might be a good way force myself to be interested :D

No comments:

Post a Comment