Saturday, December 7, 2019

I think Richard Tice has a damn good chance in Hartlepool

I got in from a night shift about two hours ago, and instead of going to bed I've been sat online. I half-watched the Boris/Corbyn debate on the BBC. It was just the same old thing though. We all know these two so well now, so there's nothing much to learn really. I then gradually transitioned into browsing Facebook and Twitter. Ending with me reading the Facebook comments on the page for the local Hartlepool newspaper the Hartlepool Mail.

You see pretty much the exact same thing you see in the comments under Middlesbrough's local news. Many, many people hating Labour. Many, many people not trusting the Tories. I really think Richard Tice could do well there. Obviously it's hard to predict these things. Plus browsing social media comments is hardly scientific. However, there is a lot of information out there on social media these days, and I get the feeling that the mainstream media and the higher-ups for want of a better term don't really do their homework. How many are reading the comments on the Hartlepool Mail Facebook page? The way the political class misunderstand the situation up here suggests not many.

If Labour cling on up here it will be due to vote splitting and little positive on their part.

No comments:

Post a Comment