Tuesday, December 10, 2019

..but Farage is compromising on Brexit isn't he?

I've started to get together my little list of 10 seats. I'm certainly not feeling optimistic that anything close to 10 will come good. The Brexit Party are really up against it, and the Tories have not helped them out one bit. Surely they could've at least threw them the Hartlepool seat.

The Brexit Party candidate for Redcar essentially stood down today too. Fearing that she was splitting the vote. So yet again we see the Brexit Party compromising.

Ironically the big opposition that the Conservatives have to Brexit Party MPs being in parliament is that they believe they won't compromise and back the "soft" Boris Brexit deal. I guess this is a real fear, but again Farage has already compromised and helped that deal along by standing candidates down. Plus, surely it's desirable to harden the Boris deal over the course of the next year or so. Why not try to get a bit more? Surely a few BXP MPs would act as good leverage.

I'll share my little list of £1 bets tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment