Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Tetris Eyes

I've been incredibly lazy over the last few days. I really need to get cracking and knuckle down a bit. The work of fiction has once again taken a back seat. At the rate I'm going I'll need about 5 years of lock down to get it finished. My main problem is that I've developed a mild addiction to the game Tetris. It's so easy to play casually whilst I'm listening to music or podcasts. Plus it's something to do to alleviate the boredom of being stuck inside endlessly.

(Boredom in Lock Down)

I've spent so much time looking at a screen playing it that my eyes end up positively aching by the time it gets round to doing anything worthwhile. If I had an ounce of self-discipline I'd do the worthwhile stuff before playing games, but it's too easy to put things off.

On the plus side I did get the other book updated. That was fairly easy actually. So that's one job out the way. I'm also starting to think about possibly doing a third non-fiction book. Though that will be a long way off if I do decide to do that.

As for lock down politics in general I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about things now. It's a relief to finally see more and more people come out on the anti-lock down side. There's also a gathering feeling that countries may be finally heading towards some kind of exit. I'm still expecting a long drawn out back and forth battle. Much like the Brexit saga. So I'm certainly not expecting us to instantly full-exit. In fact, even if we do come out in some way I'll still be constantly on "wave watch". As I'm sure we'll have "round 2" before the US election.

I also need to carry on with the "organic political party" idea I was toying with a week or so ago. Ain't gonna fix the world's problems sat playing Tetris for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment