Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Student Economy

I'm in a much better mood today :) I ended up having quite a busy day yesterday and getting a fair bit done. So I feel like I'm in the ascendancy. As for the current corona situation I tend to be thinking more locally at the moment. I really worry for the town where I live. The university plays a huge roll in the local economy. So if that doesn't kick back into gear in the autumn then that alone will make a huge dent. What with all the students from around the country, and from abroad, not being here to spend their money on the high street and in the bars and clubs. I don't think people realise how much of a problem this will be. It's quite a sizeable chunk of the population to remove. So even if businesses do reopen the demand will be completely deflated.

Still though, I'm in a good mood, so I won't be letting it worry me too much today.

No comments:

Post a Comment